Well Folks, we are almost there!
The need for a weather forecast has ceased and it is time to get those tables set up and get things organized for tomorrow.
Contents and Bake Sale on Beechwood
We got notification today that there is quite a sale happening on Beechwood. 15 Beechwood Crescent is having a contents sale. 3 Beechwood Drive (right across the street) is serving up best ever choco banana cake, freshly baked cinnamon buns, ice cold lemonade and more. Sounds and looks yummy!!!
Choco Banana Cake
I spoke with a member of the Toronto Police Department, and they made some good recommendation about safety while putting on a garage sale. Listed below are some tips that they shared. Hoping that everyone has a happy and safe sale tomorrow! :)
- Try to keep doors locked especially side doors as people get distracted easily.
- Purse and valuables should not be in plain view.
- Carry a fanny pack or something similar to carry your money. It is not advised to have a cash box that sits on a table.
- Do not accumulate large amounts of cash. Put excess cash in the house.
- Make sure you have enough people to assist you on the day of the sale.
- Greet people and make eye contact with them as they approach your sale. That makes them less likely to steal from you.
- Higher priced items should be closer to the house, not at the sidewalk.
- Don't accept large bills due to counterfeiting.
- Keep the buyer's bill out until you give them their change and then put the bill away. That way, they can't say they gave you a 20 instead of a 10.
- Do not allow any strangers in the house for any reason.
- Put your garage sale package terms of sale notice up that says "Cash Only", "No Returns" and "Final Sale".
See you tomorrow everyone!!!!